- Replaced the image gallery with a new and improved image gallery powered by Piwigo.
- Added a new website to the Other Cool Sites page.
- Added pictures of old US 80 between SR 85 and the Gillespie Dam Bridge.
- Added 6 new pictures to the Broadway Curve Project page.
- Added 2 new pictures to the Goofs & Fails Map.
- Corrected information about the segment of SR 76 decomissioned in 1974.
- Updated the route shields for SR 63, SR 76, SR 93, SR 279, and SR 504 to be the correct designs around the time of their removals from the state highway system.
- Added a lot more information about SR 76 thanks to this AARoads forum post by 707.
- Added information about a former SR 93A to the SR 93 page.
- Added information about the intended full route of SR 288.
- Added additional information about SR 110 and a map of the proposed highways in Tucson from 1981.
- Added pages for the proposed, but unbuilt SR 489, SR 589, SR 810, SR 910, SR 982, and SR 983.
- Added information about SR 117 & 417 to the Loop 101 page.
- Added information about SR 216, 217, 218, and 220 to the Loop 202 page.
- Added information about SR 517 to the Loop 303 page. Also updated the map and exit list to add the future intersection with MC 85, as well as updated the planned construction year from 2024 to 2025.
- Updated mileage to be more accurate for SR 63.
- Updated the proposal timeframe for SR 50 and added a little bit more information about it.
- Added a page for the proposed Sonoran Corridor in Pima County.
- Fixed the date for SR 143 from being the first-ever proposal date to when it was actually opened.
- Updated information for SR 89L and SR 93.
- Added 2 new pictures to the Other Roads section of the Button Copy Signage page.
- Added 2 new points to the Goofs & Fails Map.
- Added 4 new pictures to the Broadway Curve Project page.
- Added 3 new pictures to the Button Copy Signage page for SR 80, US 191 Business, and updated and added a picture for Interstate 19.
- Implemented the OpenStreetMap Americana map theme on the Goofs & Fails Map page. My main reason for implementing this is that state route shields are unique with this theme. Please, let me know whether you like this change or not, and any other thoughts or suggestions you have.
- Removed the automatic zoom-in whenever a point is clicked on the Goofs & Fails Map. If you don't see this change, try clearing your browser cache for this website (or press Ctrl + Shift + R to easily refresh the page on PC).
- Added more pictures of SR 80, SR 87, and SR 387.
- Updated info about SR 187 being the shortest state highway again at 5.4 miles since the SR 24 extension brought the route up to 6 miles from its previous 1.4 miles.
- Added a bunch of new images to the Goofs & Fails Map.
- Added gallery pages for AZ 80, AZ 82, AZ 83, AZ 90, and AZ 92
- Added pictures of SR 90, SR 80, SR 92, and US 191 Business.
- Added pictures of Arizona Welcome Signs on SR 80 from New Mexico and Mexico.
- Added pictures of Douglas traffic signals to the Arizona Traffic Signals page.
- Added pictures of SR 83, SR 82, and SR 90.
- Added a picture for the Patagonia-Sonoita Scenic Highway on the scenic roads page.
- Added 2 new images of I-19.
- Added 3 new goofs to the Goofs & Fails Map.
- Added collapsible sections for each year on the What's New page so the page isn't insanely long.
- Fixed information for Exit 45 on the I-10 exit list.
- Fixed an incorrect location for a Mesa street sign on the Arizona Traffic Signals page.
- Fixed the link for SR 93X on the Goofs & Fails Map leading to a non-existant SR 93X page instead of the US 93 page.
- Added some more information about the unique-ness of US 191 maintenance between US 160 and the Utah state line. Also added a little bit more info about US 191 Business & Temp.
- Added an image for the Sky Island Parkway National Scenic Byway on the scenic roads page.
- Added a gallery page for the Sky Island Scenic Byway.
- Added a new image to the Goofs & Fails Map.
- Updated the navigation bar with icons to be more consistent with my tech website redesign. Also added a link to my Flickr profile and retro tech website under Personal Links.
- Added more information regarding the history of SR 95 and SR 68.
- Added pictures of the London Bridge on the SR 95 page, along with a picture of both the spur and truck routes.
- Added a picture of my most recent license plate collection addition: a 1959 Colorado plate.
- Added new pictures of SR 95 and I-40.
- Updated welcome sign map with my own image of SR 95 from Nevada, a new street view image of US 163 from Utah, and removed the marker for SR 95 from California.
- Added new pictures of US 60, SR 72, SR 95, Interstate 10, and Interstate 40.
- Added new images to the Goofs & Fails Map.
- Added new images of button copy signs.
- Added new gallery pages for AZ 72 & AZ 95.
- Added pictures of new license plate collection additions: 2012 California, 1982 Minnesota, 2000 Montana, 1991 Nebraska, 1984 & 2016 Nevada, 2010 North Carolina, 1991 & 2013 Ohio, 2006 South Dakota, 2007 Utah, and 1995 Washington.
- Added a better picture of the Queen Creek Tunnel on US 60.
- Added new pictures of US 60, US 180, US 191, SR 73, SR 77, SR 260, and SR 273.
- Added new images for the Coronado Trail National Scenic Byway and Whiteriver Scenic Road to the scenic roads page.
- Added new images to the Goofs & Fails Map and added a golden outline to destingush between the new images and the old ones.
- Added an Arizona gallery page for SR 73.
- Added new pictures to the SR 88 slideshow.
- Added a picture of the Apache Trail Historic Road on the scenic roads page.
- Added 2 new goofs to the Goofs & Fails Map.
- Finally added license plates for the U.S. territories to the license plate generator.
- Created a new Goofs & Fails Map to replace the old pages of lists to make it easier to browse all of the entries. Don't worry, the old format isn't gone yet, you can still access it from the legacy page while the map is being tested.
- Added new 88x31 buttons to the home page.
- Changed the accordion menu on the Scenic Roads page to allow multiple roads to be open at the same time.
- Converted the Button Copy Signs page to an accordion format, organized by roads rather than by date. Hopefully this makes it easier for people to find specific signs.
- Finally added the rest of the I-19 button copy signs for northbound.
- Added new Taliesin West sign to the Loop 101 exit list and added new pictures to the slideshow.
- Added new images to goofs page 8 and the new page 9.
- Replaced and added new button copy sign pictures.
- Added Switzerland to the license plate generator.
- Added an image to the Broadway Curve Project page.
- Fixed highway gallery pages highlighting the Highways button on the navigation bar instead of the Gallery button.
- Added a gallery page for AZ 273 because apparently I forgot.
- Added new images of US 60, US 70, US 180, US 191, SR 61, SR 75, SR 77, SR 78, SR 260, and SR 273.
- Added new images to goofs page 8.
- Added new images to the New Mexico section of the special goofs page.
- Added new images of welcome signs on US 70, SR 78, and US 180 to the welcome signs page.
- Added new images on the scenic roads page for the Gila-Pinal Scenic Road and the White Mountain Scenic Road.
- Added Arizona gallery pages for US 70, AZ 61, AZ 75, and AZ 78.
- Added New Mexico gallery pages for US 180 and NM 78.
- Added a new image to goofs page 8.
- Added a new image of US 180 and the "Sign Salad" in Flagstaff.
- Added a new image to goofs page 7.
- Added images to the Flagstaff Random Roads gallery page.
- Added gallery pages for Loop 303 and Northern Parkway.
- Updated the Loop 202 exit list and map since the Lindsay Road interchange is now open.
- Updated the colored Loop 303 route shields picture with one of my own, taken today.
- Added some new images to the Loop 303 slideshow.
- Added a bunch of images to goofs page 7.
- Made the Northern Pkwy text on the Loop 303 page a link.
- Updated information and added pictures of Northern Pkwy.
- Added new images of the Broadway Curve Project progress.
- Added a link to the website status page.
- Finally brought back the custom 404 page from the Neocities website, now that I can customize the 404 page again.
- Transferred the website to a new host, and added SSL certificates! Please report any issues you encounter via the contact form or email me directly.
- Added a new page all about Arizona's Scenic Roads.
- Updated references to Hon Dah on the SR 73 page to Indian Pine, because I think that's what it's called now.
- Updated the Loop 303 page with information regarding the upcoming extension from Van Buren St to Elwood St. Also updated the completion status of the Jomax Parkway interchange.
- Improved site consistency with dropdown "jump to" menus instead of having long lists of text like on the traffic signals page.
- Made the width of the button copy sign and Broadway Curve Project pages consistent with the rest of the website and made images and text smaller on the page. Reminder that you can still click on the images to get a bigger view.
- Redesigned the header and navigation area. Header now changes color based on light/dark mode.
- Updated the design of links and buttons with a yellow accent color to match branding and tweaked the home page a bit.
- Removed the Arizona Timeline of Signs page due to it not being possible for me to obtain accurate time information.
- Added a new website to the Other Cool Sites page.
- Updated the highways and AZ 24 pages to reflect the full opening of the extension to Ironwood Dr. Removed a few unnecessary pictures from the slideshow and added new ones of the new segment of highway. You can still see the old pictures on the SR 24 Gallery.
- Added two pictures of Loop 303 south of I-10.
- Added pictures from updated Google Street View of welcome signs along the New Mexico border on US 70, US 180, and AZ 264.
- Added a picture for the previously missing welcome sign on AZ 93X (Hoover Dam Rd) at Nevada.
- Added a marker for the previously missing welcome signs on AZ 95 at California and Mohave County Route 91 at Utah.
- Removed a few and added a bunch of new background images. If you're curious, this means there's now 30 different images that can be chosen from to be the background on each page visit.
- Added an image for a new Tempe traffic signal setup.
- Corrected some info about Phoenix signal setups.
- Added a picture of what are probably the last remaining inverted Loop 303 shields in the wild.
- Fixed a button on the Utah State Route gallery pages that took you to California instead of Utah.
- Fixed incorrect info regarding one of my Arizona license plates.
- Added a proper contact form! Now, for people that don't want to send an email, you can easily fill out this form. Of course, if you still want to, you're allowed to email me directly, especially useful if you want to attach a file of some sort with your message.
- Updated info on the welcome signs page about why US 191 has no welcome sign.
- Finally added Arizona gallery pages for AZ 264, AZ 277, AZ 377, US 64, US 160, and US 191.
- Added Utah gallery pages for US 191, UT 162, and UT 313.
- Added Colorado gallery pages for CO 41 and US 160.
- Added New Mexico gallery pages for I-25, I-40, NM 333, NM 466, US 64, US 64 Business, US 160, US 491, and US 550.
- Added random roads gallery pictures for Albuquerque, Farmington, and Santa Fe, NM.
- Removed reference to the old signage dropdown menu in the image warning on the home page.
- Updated text about emailing me to also include the option of filling out the new contact form on all pages.
- Added a new page to document and show images of different types of traffic signal setups across the state of Arizona!
- Added an image of the Arizona welcome sign on Interstate 40 to the welcome signs page.
- Added a new image to the button copy signs page.
- Added more images to the New Mexico section of the special goofs page as well as for goofs page 7.
- Added more images for I-40, AZ 377, AZ 277, and AZ 260.
- Fixed typos and errors on the welcome signs and AZ 377 pages.
- Added new images to the New Mexico section of the special goofs page.
- Fixed incorrect info for US 160 and US 64 welcomes signs and added pictures for both of them.
- Added images to US 64, US 160, and special goofs pages.
- Split the special goofs page into sections for each state.
- Made background images smaller to help loading times.
- Removed an image from page 6 because it wasn't an error.
- Added a new final image to goofs page 6 and added new images to page 7.
- Added a new image to the special goofs page.
- Added new images for AZ 260, AZ 277, AZ 377, AZ 77, I-40, AZ 264, US 191, and US 160.
- Added Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, and Turkey license plates to the generator.
- Finally added a much needed button to return to the top of pages.
- Fixed the navigation bar text appearing too bold on Firefox so that it no longer looks bad and isn't as hard to read.
- Fixed broken slideshow and text on the AZ 77 page.
- Fixed image for the Vatican City license plate in the generator.
- Finally re-added the functionality of highlighting the active link on the navigation bar in relation to the current page.
- Redesigned the Highways in Arizona page using tables instead of a ton buttons.
- Added new pictures to I-8, AZ 84, AZ 85, and AZ 347.
- Testing out resizing images and decreasing file sizes with slightly lowering the quality of the images on the above pages.
- Added new pictures to goofs page 6.
- Added new pictures of the Broadway Curve Project.
- Fixed incorrect info for US 70, AZ 71, AZ 72, AZ 264, US 466, AZ 63, and AZ 65.
- Fixed broken route shield for AZ 92.
- Added the new Gilbert Riparian Preserve signs to the US 60 exit list.
- Added new pictures of a very empty US 60 due to a water line break at McClintock Drive in Tempe that forced the freeway to close. Also, added pictures of US 60 east of Phoenix.
- Added new info and pictures to the cool features section of US 60.
- Added new pictures to Loop 101.
- Added page navigators to all the goofs and fails pages.
- Added new images to goofs page 6 and updated information for a previous image.
- Added a new page for Arizona Welcome Signs.
- Added new background image.
- Added an image to I-8.
- Added images to the gallery for roads and highways in Arizona, Nevada, and Utah.
- Added a folder for Nogales in the random roads image gallery.
- Fixed incorrect information about call boxes on I-19.
- Replaced a Google Maps image of a button copy sign with a picture of my own.
- Moved the signage pages into the special dropdown menu instead of being in their own menu.
- Redid the image gallery's homepage and removed redundant pages. (Example: Button Copy Signs because it's already got its own gallery-like page that provides more detail anyways.)
- Finished all image gallery pages. Some still don't have images yet, but they will be added as time goes on.
- Added an image to AZ 77.
- Added a bunch of new license plates to the license plate generator. Malaysia, Singapore, and all European countries except for Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Russia, Slovenia, Switzerland, and Turkey have been added.
- Began work on an image gallery for easy access to view all the pictures on the website!
- Added a visitor counter to the bottom of all pages.
- Added new pictures and updated information regarding the opening of AZ 24 from Ellsworth Road to Williams Field Road today.
- Fixed incorrect exit numbers for AZ 24.
- Added 2 new images to goofs page 6.
- Fixed Nagasaki & Kurume, Japan license plate generators being broken.
- Fixed many broken links across the website.
- Added a license plate generator to the website. Currently, you can select any state, province, or region from either Canada, China (including Hong Kong & Macau), Japan, or the United States! I intend to keep this up-to-date as best I can and to continue adding more locations and more plate designs moving forward. If you want to suggest something that I should add to the generator, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Added a new image to goofs page 6.
- Added pictures to AZ 74, US 60, US 93, AZ 97, Interstate 15, AZ 66, Interstate 40, AZ 89, AZ 89A and its spur, AZ 69, and Interstate 17.
- Fixed missing link to Lake Pleasant Regional Park on the AZ 74 page.
- Added to the Cool Features section for US 93 and AZ 89.
- Added new goofs to the special goofs page and goofs page 5.
- Created and added images to goofs page 6.
- Added new button copy signs.
- Added maps for US 191's related routes. This means that all route maps are finished for all current highways in Arizona!
- Added maps to US 93, US 95, US 160, US 163, US 180, and US 191.
- When hovering over the US 93 major junctions list, it will now correctly report US 93 instead of US 60.
- Added maps to US 89 and US 89A.
- Modified background image styling so that the image fills the screen rather than the page.
- Added a new site to the Cool Sites page.
- Added maps to US 60, US 64, and US 70.
- Fixed incorrect marking of AZ 188 as an interchange instead of an intersection on the US 60 signification exit/intersection list.
- Removed AZ 170 from US 70's major junctions list because it's not a current state route.
- Added maps to I-17, I-19, and I-40.
- Fixed Exit 337 on the exit list for I-17 showing AZ 179 instead of AZ 89A.
- Fixed incorrect route listed for I-19.
- Added maps to AZ 386, AZ 387, AZ 389, AZ 473, AZ 564, AZ 587, AZ 989, Northern Pkwy, Interstate 8, Interstate 10, and Interstate 15.
- All links to old .html pages will now redirect you to the new link instead of taking you to a 404 page.
- Added 2 new license plates to my plate collection.
- Added maps to AZ 287, AZ 288, AZ 289, Loop 303, and AZ 347.
- Added metadata description tags to all pages on the website.
- Fixed incorrect description for AZ 63.
- Fixed missing links to Walnut Canyon National Monument on the page for AZ 166.
- Fixed incorrect major junction of I-17 for AZ 347.
- Increased the size of all page headers from h2 to h1.
- Added a map to AZ 286.
- Added maps to AZ 264, AZ 266, AZ 273, and AZ 277.
- Added a new image to goofs page 5.
- Fixed typo on AZ 277's page.
- Added new pictures of AZ 87 and AZ 260.
- Added 2 new goofs to goofs page 4 which is now completed, added 1 new goof to the new goofs page 5.
- Apparently I never updated the header on goofs page 3 after page 4 was created, so that's fixed now.
- Added a new page for my license plate collection.
- Links on the Other Cool Sites page will now open in a new tab.
- Added a map to AZ 261.
- Added maps to AZ 188, AZ 189, AZ 195, Loop 202, AZ 210, AZ 238, and AZ 260.
- Added many new pictures of AZ 24, Loop 202, US 60, and AZ 88.
- Added 2 new goofs to goofs page 4 which is now completed. New images will be on page 5.
- Fixed alt text on images for AZ 79.
- Added maps to AZ 98, AZ 99, Loop 101, AZ 143, AZ 169, AZ 179, AZ 181, AZ 186, and AZ 187.
- Loop 101 and any highways that I map in the future with a lot of exits (other loops, Interstates, etc.) will use Google My Maps because manually doing that is p a i n.
- Lessened the amount of horizontal line dividers on the highways page.
- Added maps to AZ 95 and its related routes.
- Removed current page highlighting on the navigation bar since it's broken.
- Fixed maps going off screen on smaller displays.
- Added maps to AZ 87, AZ 88, and AZ 89.
- Fixed incorrect major junctions listed for AZ 88.
- Added maps to AZ 80, AZ 82, AZ 83, AZ 84, AZ 85, and AZ 86.
- Updated information as necessary on the pages mentioned above.
- Began adding interactive maps on highway pages so you can visually see their routes. Currently only available for current state routes from 24 to 79.
- Fixed incorrect information found on any pages in the range mentioned above.
- Removed the mouse cursor glow as I decided it was a bit too distracting.
- Added a new page to link to other cool road-related sites.
- Reworked the homepage a bit.
- Updated disclaimer at the bottom of all site pages.
- Added an acrylic-like effect to the main text frames on all pages. There is also a faint glow around where you move your mouse in this area.
- Added a new image to goofs page 4.
- Added some new images to the Broadway Curve Project page.
- Optimized the website background images to slightly improve loading times.
- Fixed broken link to US 66 on the AZ 89A page.
- Fixed broken links on goofs page 4.
- Added pictures of AZ 143.
- Added a page for Northern Parkway.
- Testing out an automatic dark mode that applies based on your system preferences.
- Added 2 new things to goofs page 4.
- Added a background to slideshow captions for better visibility.
- Added a new section to the navigation bar for future special pages that I don't really know how to categorize.
- Added a new page to document the progress of the Broadway Curve Project.
- Moved the page last updated information on all pages so that it can be manually updated again.
- Finally fixed invisible text issues on versions of Windows before Windows 10.
- Big overhaul to the site's framework. The site now runs off the Astro static site generator. This allows me to easily update the site's navigation bar and footer as they are synced across all pages now.
- Re-added the dropdown menu for the Goofs and Fails and removed the old page.
- Removed personal link to my main website as I don't actually update it much and isn't very useful.
- Finally completed all defunct state highway pages and therefore fully completing the highway information pages of the website!
- Enabled smooth scrolling.
- Slightly improved site accessibility by adding a skip navigation button that shows when you press Tab on any page of the site.
- Replaced links to Arizona Roads info pages to pages on this site on the older Goofs & Fails pages.
- Broke the highlighting of current page on the navigation bar. Not sure if this will return or not.
- This was a pretty major backend change, so if anyone finds any problems, please report them to me at email@example.com.
- Created a page for AZ 50.
- Added signs to the button copy page.
- Updated information on the AZ 202 page.
- Added a goof to page 4.
- Created a page for US 91.
- Created a page for US 87.
- Created a page for I-11, AZ 30, the Pinal County North-South Corridor, I-410, I-510, I-710, and US 66.
- Added a button for I-11 to the highways page because I somehow forgot it.
- Changed how buttons on the highways page handle links so you can right click them now.
- Created a page for Loop 303, AZ 347, AZ 366, AZ 373, AZ 377, AZ 386, AZ 387, AZ 389, AZ 473, AZ 564, AZ 587, and AZ 989. This marks the completion of all pages for current highways in Arizona!
- Added route shields to highway page buttons to the highways page.
- Added future and defunct highways to the highways page.
- Created a page for Loop 202.
- Created a new goofs page.
- Created a goofs hub page and removed dropdown menu on navigation bar.
- Created a page for AZ 98, AZ 99, Loop 101, AZ 143, AZ 169, AZ 177, AZ 179, AZ 180A, AZ 181, AZ 186, AZ 187, AZ 188, AZ 189, and AZ 195.
- Updated email address on the homepage.
- Added new images and info to the I-19 page.
- Added new images to the button copy page.
- Added images to US 89, AZ 51, and AZ 86 pages.
- Added two goofs to page 3.
- Created a page for AZ 92, AZ 95, AZ 96, and AZ 97.
- Added images to AZ 64 and I-40 pages.
- Added a new sign to the button copy page.
- Added contact info to the homepage.
- Fixed broken highway page links on this page.
- Created a page for AZ 89A.
- Created a page for AZ 51, AZ 61, AZ 64, AZ 66, AZ 67, AZ 68, AZ 69, AZ 71, AZ 72, AZ 73, AZ 74, AZ 75, and AZ 77.
- Created a page for US 93, US 95, US 160, US 180, and US 191; thus finishing all US Route pages!
- Created a page for AZ 24.
- Updated all route pages to have the year they were established.
- Created a page for US 60.
- Created a page for Interstate 40.
- Finished the page for Interstate 17 and Interstate 19.
- Created a page for Interstate 10 and Interstate 15. Partially finished page for Interstate 17.
- Began a new page for the Highways in Arizona. This will be a documentation of most highways that are found in the state, similar to the Arizona Roads website, but more up-to-date.
- Created a page for Interstate 8.
- Finished site rebrand, redesign, and transfer. Welcome to the new site!
- Began process of site rebranding and redesign. Site has begun transfer to new domain.
- Added many images from around Tucson to goofs page 3.
- Replaced header on homepage with a new banner, now with all the modern state welcome signs included!
- Finally began goofs page 3, with an image from San Luis!
- Began the process of a site redesign. The new design is testable on a separate beta version of the homepage and it's available this page.
- Added a new button copy sign.
- Added new goof to finish off the 2nd page! Prepared website for page 3.
- Added a new button copy sign.
- Added a bunch of California signs to the Special goofs page.
- Added Ehrenberg state welcome sign to home page.
- Added 4 new goofs to the website.
- Added city information under pictures.
- Added button copy sign page.
- Finally added a new goof to the website.
- Renamed the website from ArizonaDOT Goofs & Fails to Arizonan Roadways Goofs & Fails
- Updated the 404 page.
- Removed the guestbook.
- Added a new goof to page #2.
- Fixed broken Loop 202 links to Arizona Roads.
- Added navigation links to the bottom of the goof pages for easier navigation.
- Created a guestbook.
- Transferred the site from azdotgoofs.tk to azdotgoofs.neocities.org.
- Added an Arizona welcome sign to the home page, similar to the Arizona Roads homepage.
- Added a new goof to page #2.
- Added a few gifs to the home page.
- Added some separation lines to the goofs pages.
- Added an Amaya gif due to now using W3C's Amaya editor.
- Added computer savviness score to front page.
- Added South Mountain Fwy. showcase video on front page.
- Started goofs page #2 with 2 pictures
- Made Val Vista/Main image slightly smaller and added 3 new things to page #1 and finalizing it. Page #2 will start with the next image.
- Added 2 new things to page #1
- Created What's New page
- Added 3 new things to page #1
- First publish of ADOT Goofs and Fails
Page last updated: 5/30/2023